There’s so many celebrations in the month of February! It’s the month of love, so what are you guys up to? Celebrate a different Valentine’s Day this year by having a sweet moment together in the kitchen. Whip up this adorable, Full of Hearts Mango Swiss Roll that will sure melt your partner’s heart away!
Valentine’s Day Full of Hearts Mango Swiss Roll:
Size: 28cm x 28cm pan
Egg Yolk Mixture:
- 4 egg yolk
- 60ml corn oil
- 70ml milk
- 65g low protein/cake/ pastry flour
- 2g red food coloring powder
- 5ml hot water
Egg White Mixture:
- 4 egg white
- 40g caster sugar
- 5g corn flour
- Drops of lemon juice
- 200ml whipping cream
- 15g caster sugar
- Fresh mango (cubed)
- Separate egg yolks from egg white and set both aside. In a large bowl, add milk and corn oil and mix together. Sieve the flour and add to mixture. Mix in a “Z” motion and add in the egg yolks, one by one until well combined.
- In a another bowl, mix the red food colouring powder with some hot water. Transfer a few drops of the color to the egg yolk mixture and give it a good mix. Then, transfer a few scoops of the egg yolk mixture into the remaining color liquid and mix.
- In the bowl of egg white, add a few drops of lemon juice. Gradually add in the sugar, in 3 separate times as you beat the mixture. At the third time, add in the corn flour and beat until fluffy.
- Add a small amount of egg white mixture into the color liquid and mix in folding motion. Then pour the mixture into a piping bag and draw tiny heart shapes across the lined baking pan. Bake in oven at 170°C for 2 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to let it cool.
- Scoop up 1/3 of the remaining egg white mixture into the egg yolk mixture and fold the mixture together until combined. Then, pour all the egg yolk mixture into the remaining egg white bowl and fold until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the baking pan that’s filled with the tiny heart shapes. Spread it evenly and give it a good tap to release all the air bubbles. Bake in the oven at 170°C for 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, add sugar to whipping cream and beat until stiff. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Remove from the oven, line a piece of parchment paper, flip the cake around and let cool.
- Spread a layer of whipped cream and mango onto the cake, with heart shapes facing out. Repeat the process and roll up the cake. Store in the refrigerator for at least two 2 hours before serving.
Tips For The Perfect Valentine’s Day Mango Swiss Roll:
To make sure the swiss roll turns out perfect, here’s a few tips. Do not mix any of the egg white mixture in clockwise motion. Instead, fold them to ensure the texture is fluffy. Also, remember to flip the cake once it’s out of the oven. Foodies, the process of this Mango Swiss Roll recipe might be tedious, but hey, Valentine’s only happens once a year! Pour in your heart and soul and make one for your loved ones. Happy baking and buh bye!
Recipe courtesy of: xiaohongshu
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your love for food, and explore the Penang community! We will also regularly post about casual promos and latest findings.
Click on the button below and hunt good food with us today!