Does Thai food reminds you of the neighbouring country that we can’t travel across? One thing we miss the most is definitely travelling, especially to Thailand. Their local cuisines are out of this world, so we thought why not recreate a Thai dish to reminisce those flavors? Whip up some delicious Pineapple Fried Rice in the kitchen that will sure impress your family!
Try Out This Simple Pineapple Fried Rice Recipe In Your Kitchen:
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 shallots
- 1 scallion
- 1 carrot
- 1tbsp unsalted butter
- 8 prawns
- 3tbsp green peas (frozen)
- 500g rice (cooked)
- 1tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- Salt & pepper powder
- 1/2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 tbsp pineapple cubes (preferrably fresh)
- 1 egg
- Mince garlic, shallots and scallions and dice the carrots. Set aside.
- In a wok heated over medium temperature, add butter. Sauté garlic, shallots and the lower part of the scallions until fragrant. Increase heat to high. Add carrots, prawns and frozen green peas.
- Add rice into wok. Carefully break the chunks of rice with a spatula. Do not mash the rice grains. Then, add fish sauce, oyster sauce, pineapple chunks and curry powder. Add salt and pepper to taste.(Optional) Add some turmeric powder for colouring. Stir-fry until evenly mixed.
- Move the fried rice to one side of the wok. Fry an egg using a bit of oil. Once the egg is almost cooked, quickly mix it together with the rice. Serve and garnish with scallions (the leaves).
Sweet & Savoury Flavours in Fried Rice:
Foodies, a plate of delicious, mouthwatering pineapple fried rice is served! You may present it in a pineapple bowl just like how it’s served in a restaurant, which adds color and appetite to your dish. Or, just serve it on a plate without the presentation, it’s a home-cooked dish after all. Try recreating this simple pineapple fried rice recipe and show us your recreation. Happy cooking and buh bye!
Recipe courtesy of: Nyonya Cooking
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your love for food, and explore the Penang community! We will also regularly post about casual promos and latest findings.
Click on the button below and hunt good food with us today!
Pineapplea tropical American plant bearing a large fleshy edible fruit with a terminal tuft of stiff leaves; widely cultivated in the tropicsMore (Definitions, Synonyms, Translation)