Ahh, Korean Fried Chicken. Where shall we start? Perhaps we’ll start off by saying it’s a favourite among many foodies. With its crispy batter, tender meat and an explosion of flavours upon the first bite, you get the point. If you have this innate love for Korean Fried Chicken, here’s a spicy version of the recipe to try out. Let’s get frying!
Try Making Spicy Korean Fried Chicken At Home
A. Chicken Marinade
- 10 pieces of chicken wings
- 7 cloves of garlic*
- 2 inches ginger*
- Black Pepper
- A pinch of salt
B. Flour Mix
- 1/2 cup of wheat flour
- 1/2 cup of corn starch
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 3 scoops of chilli paste
- 2 red chillies
- 2 pieces of Gula Melaka
- 7 tbsp chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 spoon of honey
- 1 spoon of lemon juice or vinegar
- Salt to taste
A. Chicken Marinade
- Mash ingredients marked * until fine and coat them thoroughly on the chicken wings
- Leave to marinate for 30 minutes
- Mix ingredients B together
- Then, coat the marinated chicken with the flour
- Deep fry the chicken until they turn golden brown, set aside to cool
- Saute garlic until fragrant then add in chilli paste and red chillies until they become crisp
- Add in chilli sauce and ketchup, Gula Melaka and honey
- Next, add in lemon juice or vinegar and mix them all well
- Add in a pinch of salt
- Finally, add in the fried chicken wings and coat the fried chicken wings thoroughly with the sauce
- Ready to serve
Optional: Sprinkle some sesame seeds on the fried chicken wings before serving.
Satiate Your Korean Fried Chicken Cravings
With that, you’ve just made your very own Spicy Korean Fried Chicken from scratch. Now you can stay home and satiate your K-fried chicken cravings. This calls for a feast, so enjoy!
This recipe is by Cik Puan Julieta (Facebook)
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your love for food, and explore the Penang community! We will also regularly post about casual promos and latest findings.
Click on the button below and hunt good food with us today!