There are days when we crave for something warm and soupy, and today is the day. We’ve chanced upon this amazing mushroom soup recipe by Sheena’s Cooking Passion. They’re delicious, creamy with chunky bits of mushrooms in it. Best part is, it only requires a few simple ingredients, so let’s make them!
Try Recreating This Delicious Mushroom Soup Recipe Using Simple Ingredients:
- 10 brown button mushrooms
- 10 white buttom mushrooms
- 6 portobello mushroom
- 2 yellow onions (diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 6 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves (chopped)
- 4 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp vege oil
- 1 tsp fresh or dried parsley
- 1 cup of cooking cream / evaporated milk
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp blackpepper powder
1. Chop all the mushrooms and set aside. In a pan/pot, heat up butter and oil over medium heat.
2. Add onions in and saute them for about 3 minutes or until transparent. Add in garlic and saute until fragrant, then add all the mushrooms in. Saute about 5 minutes and add 1tbsp of thyme.
3. Add all purpose flour and mix well. Pour in the chicken broth, season with salt and pepper, and give it a good stir. Cover with lid and slow cook for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally until it gets thick. (consistency as pictured below).
Fancy Some Mushroom Soup?
Recipe Courtesy of: Sheena’s Cooking Passion
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your love for food, and explore the Penang community! We will also regularly post about casual promos and latest findings.
Click on the button below and hunt good food with us today!