Remember that sweet scent of caramelized cookies that wafts into your nose as you walk through the malls? That’s when you know there’s a Famous Amos store nearby. Their almost intoxicating scent will trigger your desire to get some cookies from them, but let’s be honest, they’re not the cheapest. Save up some cash and recreate their cookies in your kitchen with this Famous Amos cookies recipe using simple ingredients!
Try Out This Famous Amos Cookies Recipe Using Simple Ingredients:
WARNING: YOUR KITCHEN WILL SMELL LIKE FAMOUS AMOS COOKIES.
[Makes 150-200 cookies]
- 175g light brown sugar
- 80g granulated white sugar
- 150g unsalted butter, room temp
- 3/4tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 10g malted milk powder (Horlicks/ Ovaltine)
- 1 large egg , room temperature
- 270g all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 180g dark chocolate chips (I used a mix of 54% and 70% chips)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add butter, salt, light brown sugar, white sugar, vanilla and malted milk powder together. Beat on medium for 4 minutes.
- Add the egg and beat for another 4-5minutes on medium, or until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and baking powder together.
- Add the flour mixture into the stand mixer in 2 parts, mixing on low until just combined. Over mixing will result in tough cookies, it’s okay if there is still flour visible.
- Add the chocolate chips and pulse/mix on low until dispersed through the dough.
- Transfer the dough to a bowl and cling wrap (or to an air tight container) and store in the fridge for at least 24 hours but ideally 72 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 160°C and line a baking tray with baking/parchment paper.
- Remove your dough from the fridge and use a teaspoon measure to scoop out the dough.
- Place the dough onto the baking tray, and shape each of them into a tall shape.
- Bake at 160°C for 11-13 minutes (each oven differs, so make sure to keep an eye on them), until golden.
- Remove from oven let completely cool on the tray for around 3-4 minutes before consuming.
Foodies, here’s a tip. Make sure to let the cookies cool down fully before consuming or storing as you want a crunchy, airy texture. If you want it to taste more alike to Famous Amos cookies, increase the amount of sugar (we wouldn’t recommend though because, not healthy).
This Famous Amos cookies recipe makes a lot, so you can experiment with different settings (temperature&time) to get the consistency you want. Try this recipe out and let us your recreations in the comments! Don’t forget to share this recipe to your friends too, happy baking and buh bye!
Recipe from: Buttermilk Pantry
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your love for food, and explore the Penang community! We will also regularly post about casual promos and latest findings.
Click on the button below and hunt good food with us today!