Waking up in the morning with a cup of aromatic coffee in hand will be even more perfect with some homemade egg tarts. Flaky pastry puff with a smooth, creamy, and sweet egg filling makes egg tarts irresistible. If you’re craving an egg tart, we have just the recipe to share with you. Let’s get into it.
250ml hot water
200 ml of fresh milk or full cream milk
- In a cup, melt the sugar with hot water then set the sugar syrup aside to cool
- Crack and beat the eggs in a bowl (then strain off the bubbles)
- Next, add in sugar syrup, milk, vanilla essence and give it a good stir
- Spread a layer of butter on the cupcake tin (to avoid sticking)
- Then line the muffin tin with a piece of puff pastry
- Put in the egg fillings but not until full or it will overflow and cause the puff pastry to turn soggy
- Bake in the oven for 180 degrees (15-20 minutes) or depending on oven until the tarts turn golden yellow
- Do a toothpick test to ensure the middle of the tart is completely cooked
- Set aside to cool then remove from the tin and ready to serve
Try Out This Easy Homemade Egg Tart Recipe Using Puff Pastry
So there you have it, you can easily make an egg tart at home using puff pastry. This may be a simpler version but albeit, it will still taste delicious. Try it out and let us know how it goes. Enjoy!
This recipe is by Norain Naim (Facebook)
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your love for food, and explore the Penang community! We will also regularly post about casual promos and latest findings.
Click on the button below and hunt good food with us today!