Hello foodies, how’s everyone doing? Here’s a question: What’s the first thing that comes into your mind when someone mentioned Texas Chicken? We don’t know about you, but we sure thought of their Honey Butter Biscuits, which happens to be a crowd’s favourite. Why not make these buttery biscuits at home? They’re super easy, ingredients are accessible, and delicious!
Bake Your Own Texas Chicken Honey Butter Biscuits at Home:
If you’re craving for something sweet and savoury at home like we do, don’t look away! Make your very own Texas Chicken Honey Butter Biscuits with this simple recipe. They’re delicious and you’ll get to impress your partner, friends, family, and relatives. Time to let your talent shine, so let’s get baking!
Time: 30 minutes
Serving: About 12 biscuits
– 250g plain flour
– 4 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 25g sugar
– 115g cold cubed butter
– 140g milk
– 2 tsp vinegar
– 50g butter
– 50g honey
- Pre-heat oven to 230ºC. In a small bowl, mix the buttemilk ingredients in and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix all the biscuits ingredients in (except butter).
- Add the butter into flour mixture and mix by crumbling with your hands until the mixture feels like crumbs.
- Pour the buttermilk into the mixture.
- Lightly flour a clean surface, place the dough and knead about 12 to 15 times. Roll the dough into small balls and place onto a baking sheet.
- Brush some on each of the dough ball with some melted butter.
- Bake for 13 minutes or until lightly golden in colour.
- Mix the remaining butter with honey in a saucepan and bring over to a boil.
- Remove the biscuits from the oven and immediately brush them with honey butter 2 to 3 times. Serve warm.
*If you have a kitchen aid or stand mixer, let the gadget do all the mixing and kneading. Do not roll the mixture by hands. Instead, scoop it onto the baking sheet with an ice cream scoop or spoon. You can also replace the buttermilk mixture with store bought buttermilk.
There you have it, warm, soft Honey Butter Biscuits with a honey coated crust just like what they serve at Texas Chicken. Recreate this simple recipe at home and share it to people you know that may love this! Happy baking and have a great day ahead, buh bye!
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your love for food, and explore the Penang community! We will also regularly post about casual promos and latest findings.
Click on the button below and hunt good food with us today!