Say you’re cooking dinner tonight, but somehow you’re running out of meal ideas. Well, we’re here to help. Today, we’re sharing with you guys this Asam Pedas recipe. Asam Pedas makes a great dish especially when you pair it with plain white rice and other dishes such as omelette.
Asam Pedas, The Perfect Pair With Plain White Rice
For Malaysians, Asam Pedas is that one dish that is simple and irresistible. It’s spicy, tangy, and fragrant–making it the perfect dinner dish with our loved ones. So if you’re all set to try out this recipe, let’s get started.
- Torch ginger flower (Bunga Kantan)
- Kesum leaves
- 2 large red onions
- 5 cloves of garlic
- Galangal (lengkuas)
- 5 tbsp of blended chilli
- Tamarind Juice (preferably Asam Jawa)
- Heat up the pan and stir fry ingredients (B), then add in lemongrass and stir-fry until fragrant
2. Add in tamarind juice and some water to get your preferred consistency
3. Let it boil before adding in the stingray, kesum leaves and ‘Bunga Kantan’
4. Season with salt and sugar to taste then add in tomatoes and turn off the heat
5. Add in optional ingredients like ladyfingers.
Try Out This Delicious Asam Pedas Recipe Today
In just 5 steps, you would be able to cook up this delicious Asam Pedas dish. Let us know how it goes and while you’re at it, have fun at the same time. Good luck!
This recipe is by Farhana Ismail
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your love for food, and explore the Penang community! We will also regularly post about casual promos and latest findings.
Click on the button below and hunt good food with us today!