The current haze situation in Penang is expected to last until September due to the hot weather. State Environment Committee chairman Phee Boon Poh said the earthquakes in Lombok, Indonesia were a contributing factor, The Sun Daily reported.
Penang Haze – Air Pollutant Index (API)
What is the haze index in Penang today?
A check on the Department of Environment website at 12pm today showed that the readings in Penang were hovering between 90 to 98.
An API reading of between 0 and 50 is good, while 51 to 100 is moderate, 101 to 200 is unhealthy, 201 to 300 very unhealthy, and 301 and above deemed hazardous. Source: (TheStarOnline)
8 Ways To Protect Yourself During The Haze Attack
- Stay Indoor
- Get A Proper Mask
- Check Penang Air Quality Report Before Leaving The House
- Keep Yourself Hydrated
- Avoid Physically Demanding Outdoor Chores
- Wash Your Face And Hand At Regular Intervals
- Do Your Part In Reducing The Pollution Levels
- See A Doctor If You Experience Breathing Trouble
Please share with your friends and family! Take care foodies!