Without a doubt, the implementation of MCO 2.0 comes with its effects. Some of us have to live from hand to mouth as certain businesses are forced to take a hiatus. As a result of this, the Penang State Government has just approved an RM10 million financial aid package that will benefit those affected during MCO. Read on to find out more.
RM10 Million Financial Aid Packages By Penang State Government
This financial aid, deemed Pakej Bantuan Rakyat Pulau Pinang (Penang Lawan Covid-19) Fasa 3.0 has an allocation of RM20 million. Previous phases amounted up to RM155.5 million. And as of today, the state government has announced that RM10 million will be distributed to the first (5) targeted groups.
- One-Off RM500 to the following groups:
- Licensed businesses and hawkers
- Hawkers operating in food courts or private shop lots
- Hawkers with tagging, or registered under PBT
- FAMA businesses
This will help out approximately 14,712 business owners and hawkers.
2. One-off RM200 to 288 trishaw riders
3. One-off RM500 to 462 registered school canteen operators
4. One-off RM500 to hair salons, beauty salons, spas, reflexology centers (& cupping centers)
5. RM30,000 to 59 Ahli Dewan Undangan Negeri (ADUN), Ahli Parlimen Kerajaan Negeri, ADUN Angkat, Pegawai Penyelaras KADUN and Pegawai Penyelaras Khas Parlimen (to immediately aid affected citizens)
This Will Aid Those Affected During MCO 2.0
Additionally, this financial aid is to help ease businesses’ cash flow alongside reducing the impact and operational costs that businesses had to bear throughout MCO.
Source: Press Release
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your love for food, and explore the Penang community! We will also regularly post about casual promos and latest findings.
Click on the button below and hunt good food with us today!