As we know, the monsoon season will be starting soon since we are now in the last quarter of the year. With this news, it will give everyone the opportunity to prepare to prevent as much damage as possible.
Malaysian Meteorological Department Predicts A Monsoon Coming
Moreover, with monsoon season coming which means flash floods would accompany it as well. Hence, we have to prepare and to take precautionary steps. According to the Malaysian Meteorological Department, the probability of the formation of La Nina is about 60% starting October.
Most of us will probably remember the flood that hit almost the entire island in 2017, which was one of the worst floods that have happened. However, everyone has played an important role in helping the island recover from that disaster. Now that we have the knowledge of a possible monsoon coming, we are able to be as prepared as possible.
Some Precautionary Steps
- Step up-to-date with the latest weather updates from reliable sources such as MetMalaysia’s website, myCuaca app, etc.
- Make sure that the emergency light in your home is working in case the electricity gets cut off during the flood
- Prepare sandbags, plywood, or plastic sheeting to prevent as much water from entering your home
- If possible, keep as many items as you can above the flood level to lessen the damages
- Secure valuable items to prevent it from floating away
- Find a higher ground and be prepared to evacuate to said higher ground when a flash flood happens
Don’t forget to tag your friends and family in the comment section below to keep them updated!
Featured image: The Star
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your love for food, and explore the Penang community! We will also regularly post about casual promos and latest findings.
Click on the button below and hunt good food with us today!