When we say Chee Cheong Fun, what comes to your mind? Surely, it will remind you of the good old days when we could all ‘yum cha’ right? At Dim Sum joints, Chee Cheong Fun is always a must-order for an ultimate morning breakfast. Now did you know that you can also make it at home? Here’s a homemade Chee Cheong Fun recipe you should save to your list. Let’s go!
Try Making Chee Cheong Fun At Home Using This Recipe
1 cup rice flour
1/2 cup corn flour
1/2 teaspoon of salt
3 cups water
1 cup water
3 tbsp of soy sauce
1 1/2 tbsp of sugar
- In a bowl, mix well ingredients (A)
2. Take a steel tray and brush a thin layer of cooking oil
3. Then, pour a thin layer of rice flour mixture so that it coats the entire tray (try to make it as thin as possible)
4. Add on some shrimps (the smaller the shrimps, the shorter the steaming time)
5. Cover with lid and steam for about 1 minute 30 seconds
6. Lift tray and remove excess water
7. Use a dough scraper and gently scrap the rice noodle flour off the tray forming a roll
8. Mix ingredients (B) for gravy and pour over the rice noodle
9. Top off with some sesame seeds, scallions, fried onion
10. Lastly, serve with a side of crispy dried shrimp
Can Never Say No To This
It may not be easy but once you’ve mastered this, you can always make it for breakfast whenever you feel like it. Good luck trying and reliving the Dim Sum mornings. Bye for now!
This recipe is by Li Yow (Facebook)
Check Out: Pocky Launches NEW Blueberry Yogurt & Chocolate Almond Sticks That’s Made With Whole Wheat
Shopee 7.7 Vouchers 👉 https://shp.ee/czmhtv3
Lazada Everyday Low Price 👉 https://c.lazada.com.my/t/c.Y5ZB6V
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your love for food, and explore the Penang community! We will also regularly post about casual promos and the latest findings.
Click on the button below and hunt good food with us today!