- Eateries, food trucks, and stalls to operate from 6 AM – 10 PM; dine-in is allowed but with max. 2 per table
- Only 2 persons from the same household allowed to head out for necessities
- Those who need to travel out of district or state for work, must get an official work pass
Things To Know About Mukim 12 Barat Daya CMCO Starting Midnight Today
Just yesterday, it was announced that Mukim 12, Southwest District (Barat Daya) in Penang will undergo two weeks of Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO) or PKPB effective from 6th November till 19th November 2020.
The areas included in Mukim 12 are Bayan Lepas, Bayan Baru, Sungai Ara, Batu Maung, Desa Ria, FTZ3, and FTZ4.
Here’s the detailed SOP to take note of:
- Roadblocks will be carried out, only 2 persons are allowed to head out for necessaries, high-risk individuals such as children and the elderly not encouraged to head out.
- Inter-district & inter-state travel are only allowed with a proper work permit; Official & detailed work pass from the company will only be recognised
- For those who do in fact have to travel interstate, please head to the nearest police station or just go online to apply for an official travel pass.
- Economic sectors can still operate as usual – restaurants, convenience stores, kiosks, food trucks, food stalls, and more to operate from 6 AM-10 PM daily
- Takeaway, delivery, and drive-thru are encouraged, however, dine-in is still available but only 2 person per table. *Update: Bigger tables to allow maximum 4 diners per table
- Food delivery services can only operate from 6 AM-12 AM
- Daily markets can operate between 6 AM-2 PM; Wholesale markets operate from 4 AM-2 PM and night market to be allowed to operate between 4 PM-10 PM. All markets to undergo stricter SOPs
- Petrol stations operate from 6 AM-10 PM except those on highways
- Public transports to operate as usual, including e-hailing and taxi, but with only 2 customers per car
- Hospitals and clinics can open for 24 hours; Pharmacies to operate from 8 AM-11 PM
- All recreational & entertainment centers, as well as educational centers, are not allowed to operate
- Outdoor activities that don’t exceed 10 persons and non-contact sports can be still be carried out
Stay Safe & Be Cautious
As one district in Penang is set to enter two weeks of CMCO starting midnight today, it’s important for us to take note of these SOPs. Better yet, we’re all encouraged to stay at home as much as possible these two weeks. Let’s stay strong, stay safe, and be cautious as once again we try to stop the increase of COVID cases in the country.
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your love for food, and explore the Penang community! We will also regularly post about casual promos and latest findings.
Click on the button below and hunt good food with us today!