No one can ever say no to cookies. We mean, how can you resist the crunchy goodness that comes with each bite of the cookie? If you’re a cookie monster, then we have just the right recipe for you to recreate while you stay home during MCO 2.0. It’s a cornflake cookie recipe but with some chocolate chips in them for an extra texture. Yum.
Chocolate Chips Cornflake Cookies For An Ideal Evening Snack
Cornflake cookies are relatively easy to make and because they are so delicious, adding extra ingredients instantly elevates the taste too. Once you master this chocolate chips cornflake cookies recipe, you can go ahead and try it out with different ingredients. So, let’s get to it!
250g buttercup or Planta
1 cup icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
3/4 cup cornflour (unsieved)
2 cups wheat flour (unsieved)
Cornflakes (approx. 3 cups)
Chocolate rice (optional)
Chopped almonds (optional)
- In a bowl, mix well butter, icing sugar, and vanilla essence using a spatula. Don’t whip until the mixture expands.
2. Then, add in cornflour and wheat flour in batches and mix well. The mixture will be soft and gooey.
3. Put in cornflakes, chocolate chips and ingredients of your choice before mixing them altogether.
4. Spoon the batter on to a baking tray that has been lined with butter or planta. (You can also pinch the batter into smaller portions instead of using a spoon)
5. Next, roll the batter on some extra cornflakes (optional step)
6. Arrange the batter some distance away as it will slightly expand upon baking.
7. Preheat oven for 5-10 minutes and bake the cookies at 160 degree Celcius for 20 minutes (oven setting: top & bottom heat)
*Note: The cookie will be soft once out of the oven but will harden in time. Let cool before storing them into jars.
Ready For A Chocolate Chips Cornflake Cookies Feast
And there you have it, a recipe to bake crunchy chocolate chips cornflake cookies at home. You can enjoy them anytime during the day so make as many as you can and store them for a feast! Happy trying!
This recipe is by Syuhada Che Din
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your love for food, and explore the Penang community! We will also regularly post about casual promos and latest findings.
Click on the button below and hunt good food with us today!